2 SQUARE MEALS A DAY...A BETTER WAY TO EAT

There is nothing compelling about hunger, but about appetite there is the greatest compulsion, the dreadful gnawing sensation driving one to eat almost anything that is offered, even civilized men eating each other when driven by this compelling desire or goaded on by their atavistic fear of starvation. - Dr. William Howard Hay 

The very first thing I want to abstain from is food. It is so easy to be a glutton these days. We keep feeding our bodies with the wrong kinds of food which can lead not only to disease but also to the deterioration of our souls. Sir William Arbuthnot Lane, one of the really great surgeons of the world and of all time once said: “Gentlemen, I will never have cancer; I will never die of cancer; and what I am doing to prevent it, anyone can do.” He also said: “After all, there is but one disease—deficient drainage.” And another great American surgeon, Dr. George W. Crile of Cleveland said not long ago: “There is no natural death; all deaths from so-called natural causes are merely the end-point of a progressive acid saturation.”



After I did the 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting two years ago, I went back to my old eating habits. I resumed consuming 3 meals a day with snacks in between. As a typical Filipino, all my meals included white rice and meat while my snacks consisted of sweets or junk food. Little did I know that this was detrimental to my health. Remember the gospel about the evil spirit who came back with a vengeance.



24"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first." - Luke 11:24-26



Fasting is the most effective way to detoxify and cleanse the body. Once I have purged all the toxins from my vital organs, I  made the mistake of introducing the wrong kinds of food almost immediately and going back to my old habits in eating. This is the reason why fasting and flushing is not for everyone. For living healthy and disease-free is a commitment, a life long exercise in self-discipline and self-control. Due to my lack of foresight, I acquired GERD or Gastroesophageal reflux diseasea chronic digestive disease that occurs when stomach acid or bile flows back into the esophagus. The backwash of acid irritates the lining of the esophagus and causes acid reflux and heartburn. This backflow has even aggravated my condition thus severely affecting my throat. Now I also have LPR or Laryngopharyngeal reflux. Whenever I eat acidic food, acid reaches my throat and damages it. I experience chronic cough, choking episodes, trouble breathing, or “rawness” in the throat when it gets really bad. 


Don't get me wrong, I didn't get this disease overnight. GERD is a problem of modern life. Smoking, poor eating habits, obesity, alcohol abuse, and stress all fuel the fire of heartburn. It just so happens that my symptoms have intensified at the time when I was becoming aware of what real cure is against medical fallacies. It was God's will for me to procure this disease in order to absorb all the knowledge that I needed when it comes to open source healing, naturopathy and self-applied prevention. It is so true that the average person has no interest in health until their health is ailing. Only when things get hopeless with the ailing person, that's the time they turn to natural and herbal remedies. I guess I was just lucky or let me rephrase that, I was blessed by the Lord for showing me the truth. And I truly feel that it is my mission to spread the reality of disease and its cure. Drugs and surgery are not the answer to disease my dear friends and neighbors, the cure lies within all of us. Indeed blessed are the poor for they do not have the means to buy those expensive drugs and high-tech treatments. They are better off without it! What they need are the right resources and education when it comes to understanding Nature and what causes disease.


Thank God for my LPR/GERD. I have learned the difference between acid and alkaline foods. Acid accumulation or acid saturation, the endpoint of disease or the cause of death, means too much intake of acidic food. Consuming alkaline food leads to strong resistance to disease, fast recovery and clean blood supply. While eating acidic food can cause indigestion, constipation and fermentation, all leading to deficient drainage. Food is a direct cause of disease because it is the only source through which we can create these acids. And the body suffers much because its digestive and purgative functions are impaired by acidosis or over-acidity. Suffering from GERD has forced me to watch what I eat and to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If I didn't have this disease, I wouldn't have guessed what acid saturation meant. Knowledge is key to longevity and of course, frugality. 


At present, I have stopped eating breakfast after learning that the food taken during this time is not actually converted into energy not until we are asleep when digestion's final conversion takes place, the sugars being converted to glycogen and stored for the next day. This means that the most important meal is actually dinner time when the activities of the day are over and digestion still has time to complete itself before midnight, so that the hours of sleep may still be devoted to preparing this mass of nourishment for use the next day. It was said that the Roman army fed but once a day, and these men are the deadliest beings that ever walked the earth next to dinosaurs. It has also been said that one third of what we eat keeps us alive, the other two thirds keeps the doctor alive, and there is more than a grain of common sense in this saying (source: Dr. Hay). Hence, gluttony is not only bad for our souls but also for our physical well-being. That is why I now eat 2 square meals each day and have obliterated snacks in between to lessen the odds of acidosis and wrong food combination. Eventually I have learned how to utilize the Acid/Alkaline food chart  to my advantage and have created a blog that I named GERD Recipes, a vegetarian and fruitarian perspective. I hope dear reader that you have discovered something valuable from me and have changed the way you perceive food and how it contributes to disease formation. Now I leave you with the Laws of Natural Health that I picked up from a booklet entitled Cleansing Diet by E.R. Baron.


Laws of Natural Health


1. Nutrition - Avoid snacking and eat only 1-2 square meals per day. Lessen your consumption of sweets like candy, cake, ice cream, donuts, soft drinks, chocolate, etc. for it weakens the functionality of the white blood cells in defending the body against both infectious diseases and foreign materials. Sugar disables the white blood cells to effectively eliminate bacteria and search for microbes. Too much sugar impairs the nervous system also.


2. Exercise - We must exercise for 30-45 minutes every 4-5 days in a week. The time spent on exercise is never wasted. Brisk walking is the best form of exercise. It helps in the circulation of the blood and boosting the mind and body's energy.


3. Water - Drink 8-10 glasses (250 ml.) per day. That is 1 glass of water for every 7 kilograms of your weight. If your urine is clear, then it means that you are drinking enough water.


4. Sunlight - Getting enough sunlight for 10 minutes each day is the body's daily dose of Vitamin D, which is essential in fighting germs and strenghthens the immune system.


5. Temperance - Avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine like beer, hard liquor, coffee, tea, soft drinks, etc. All of these damages the nervous system including the brain. Stop smoking also.


6. Air - While we sleep we inspire, respire, twice as much air per minute as when awake, as you will easily note by watching the deep breathing of the sleeper, unless this be composed largely of exercise, or if one is quiet, twice as much oxygen enters the lungs during these eight hours as during the eight hours of recreation or engaged at sedentary occupation, and if he takes little exercise, then he uses as much oxygen while sleeping as7. Rest - Sleep at least 7-8 hours everyday and longer if you are sick.
during the sixteen waking hours. This fact should emphasize the importance of fresh air in the sleeping quarters. This is according to DR. Hay. Take deep breaths during the day and breathe fresh air frequently during the day.

8. Trust in God - Faith and trust in God leads to less stress and worry because there is a belief in the power and grace of God's guidance and healing. Prayer plays an important role in healing and love is its driving force. People who have trust in God grow spiritually and mentally.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your article really piqued my interest and that's not easy to do. I like how well you made your unique points. This is persuasive content.

what happen to malaysian football_

Anonymous said...

The hilarious the traffic issue in ancient Rome had been just a lot of you should see contemporary Rome.

Anonymous said...

The Cheat Sheet is an United States Of America
TODAY content partner offering economic news and commentary.