Real starvation cannot possibly set in so long as these body stores remain in even small degree, but death from accumulated toxins can occur much earlier than this. - Dr. Hay
Fasting is the most effective cure unbeknownst to the modern man. Jesus and many prophets before him fasted for 40 days to prepare themselves for any great undertaking. According to Dr. Hay, fasting, as a purifier of both body and mind it is without doubt the thing par excellence for the purpose, for not only is the body again as that of a newborn babe, but the mind is purged of unrighteous thoughts, and is occupied with the higher things of life, thus greatly aiding spiritual growth. Not only that, abstaining completely from food kills many microorganisms and parasites in the body and flushes out toxins naturally. Diseases and ailments like asthma, emphysema, sinusitis, migraine, heart ailment, ulcer, gout, neuritis, sciatica, cirrhosis, tuberculosis, epilepsy,paralysis, gallstones, sexual problems, Parkinson's disease, gastritis, goiter and many, many others. But one must be prepared before attempting to fast and this is by enduring a Cleansing Diet first. This method must be done from 1-2 weeks. To start, one must only consume fresh fruits and vegetables and much better if its organic. Breakfast should consist of fresh fruit, while Lunch must serve vegetables and Dinner must be fruit again. Never consume fruits and vegetables at the same time for fruits are digested in an hour while vegetables take 4 hours. Do this for 3-6 days. After that, stop eating solid food and consume only fruit juices for the next 3-6 days. Only then can one undergo fasting from food. Here is a list of recommended fruits and vegetables you can eat to help flush out toxins from your body.
Fruits: papaya, pineapple, grapes, apple, watermelon, pear, strawberry, pomelo, orange, banana, coconut and lemon.
Vegetables: Cucumber, carrots, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach and other green leafy vegetables.
There would be felt improvements in the state of one's health after the cleansing diet but remember that this is just a prelude to our main goal, healing and restoration through Fasting. Fasting can be done for at least 3 days to 40 days depending on the severity of the illness. The benefits of fasting include:
- More energy
- Healthier skin
- Healthier teeth and gums
- Better quality sleep
- A clean and healthy cardiovascular system
- A decrease in anxiety and tension
- Dramatic reduction or complete elimination of aches and pains in muscles and joints
- Decrease or elimination of headaches
- Stabilization of blood pressure
- Stronger and more efficient digestion
- Stabilization of bowel movements
- Loss of excess weight
- Elimination of stored toxins
- Improvement with a wide variety of chronic degenerative health conditions, including autoimmune disorders
1. Water Fast - The body will have to thrive on water only. Drink at least 3 glasses for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is the fastest way to eliminate toxins from the body but it is also the hardest method. But with prayer and sacrifice one can go along way with just water.
2. Orange juice Fast - Drink at least one pint of fresh squeezed orange juice each day, preferably organic. You can also buy cartons from the supermarket as long they are 100% juice not from concentrate. The first 3 mornings, mix 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom salts in a glass of distilled water (250ml) to cleanse the colon or you can use Dr. Tam's Miracle Tea for the same effect. And on the 3 evenings, take a cool enema before bed.
3. Coconut juice Fast - The coconut has strong anti-bacterial and cleansing properties and it is also very filling and very delicious (at least for me). Fortunately, this is widely available in the Philippines and in other tropical countries as well. Consume at least 10 coconuts a day and you can go ahead and eat the coconut meat only for dinner.
4. Juice Fast - With a juicer or a blender, extract juices of fruits and vegetables then drink. Fruit juices in the morning and at night. During lunch you can drink vegetable juices.
5. Bread and Water Fast - Drink water and then eat bread during meal time. Freshly baked bread especially the pandesal is highly recommended.
6. One-Meal-A-Day Fast - This is what I tried when I did the 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting. I would only eat rice and viand at dinner time then drink only water and pray throughout the day. I lost 30 pounds then and in return gained so much knowledge and wisdom.
People who fast and abstain are the ones who appreciate their food more. Avoiding food that are greasy and fried will help your palate truly taste the goodness of luscious fruits and yummy vegetable dishes. Fasting is also an opportunity for us to be kind to our bodies. It will help our digestive system rest and let our body concentrate on healing and purging toxins. It is important to clean the colon before or during the early stages of fasting so that there will be a proper exit point for these waste materials to pass through and not contribute to deficient drainage. I truly hope you will find the time, dear reader to pick your method and start taking care of your health. We only have one body and we must do some house cleaning for no one else will.