ABSTAINING FROM COMPLAINING

If you don't like something, change it. 
If you can't change it, change your attitude. - Maya Angelou

Complaining is the biggest sin one can do to himself. As pointed out on his book, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, T. Harv Eker said it best, When you are complaining you become a living, breathing crap magnet. Ever notice that the more you focus on what's wrong, you'll keep getting more negative things in your life as if you're attracting crap everyday. Complaining is certainly a bad habit that we need to eliminate for it breeds dissatisfaction, enmity and misery among other things. Although this may be easier said than done, it is possible to kick this atrocious practice. I tried this experiment that T. Harv Eker suggested. It was difficult for me in the beginning but eventually I succumbed to this wonderful challenge because, let's face it, being a crap magnet can get really depressing.

If you want to change your life right now, stop yourself from complaining. Cease and desist lamenting not just out loud but in your head as well. Do this for the next seven days. It is important to do this for a full 7 days because on the first few days , you may still have some residual crap inside of you. Sadly, crap doesn't travel at the speed of light, it moves at the speed of crap so it takes awhile to clear out.

I have failed this test a few times. 30 years of crap is truly hard to brush off. But thanks to a friend of mine, he finally made me see the light. He pointed out to me one day how I am always complaining about my hubby. Then I realized that every time we chat, 85% of my messages were all about whining and complaining. It was an aha moment, a wake up call indeed. No wonder I was so dissatisfied with my life. Yes, I am chronic complainer. I was ever focusing on the all negative aspects of my existence and not my blessings. Must start maintaining an attitude of gratitude and stop complaining. The moment I decided to end the pattern of blaming and justifying, instantly a heavy burden was lifted off of my whole being. It was a fantastic feeling to purge all that crap inside.

I'm proud to say that I'm in the neutral zone right now, devoid of complaining inside and out. I have also decided to keep a gratitude journal  and make a list of all the small and big blessings of each day that passes. This will help me focus on the positive side of things and view obstacles as opportunities to learn and improve myself. If I keep this up I will gradually attract more things to be grateful for and the universe will adjust itself to accommodate my picture of reality, that's according to a bumper sticker.

0 comments: